Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Woo Hoo

One day after I based much of a Writing off the thoughts of Homer Simpson, it was announced that an Entertainment Weekly survey named him the greatest character created for television or film in the last 20 years. Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.

Nonetheless, it's time to celebrate, and there's only one way to do it: a Wednesday evening quote-o-rama. The following are some of the greatest thoughts to ever come from Springfield Nuclear Plant's safety inspector for Sector 7-G.

"They have the internet on computers now?"

"There's a NEW Mexico?"

"It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to squeeze in 8 hours of TV a day."

"Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

"If he's so smart, how come he's dead?"

"Look at all this great stuff I found at the marina. It was just sitting in some guy's boat."

"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

"America's health care system is second only to Japan... Canada, Sweden, Great Britain... well, all of Europe. But you can thank your lucky stars we don't live in Paraguay."

"Facts are meaningless. You could used facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

"I hope I didn't brain my damage."

"I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty miles per hour, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode... I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!"

When I first heard that Marge was joining the police academy, I thought it would be fun and zany, like that movie... Spaceballs. But instead it was dark and disturbing like that movie, Police Academy."

"If you really want something in life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers."

"Sensitive love letters are my specialty. 'Dear Baby, Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: you.'"

"Default! The two sweetest words in the English language. De! Fault! De! Fault!"

No comments: