Thursday, June 26, 2008

Things I Don’t Understand (yet another edition of the never-ending series)

I don’t understand a bevy of things, yet you think I have time for introductions? On to the list…

The phrase “circus-like atmosphere”

This phrase is normally used to describe a situation where there are a ton of people around, some raucous celebration, and a bunch of media members covering the proceedings. Does this sound like a circus to you? Kids aren't going to get excited to go see some cameras click.

Where are the clowns? Where’s the cotton candy? What about the trapeze artists wearing the flamboyant costumes? Honestly, if there aren’t lions jumping through hoops of fire, I don’t want to hear the phrase “circus-like atmosphere” brought into the mix.


The fact that people won’t draft Michael Beasley due to character issues

When it comes to the former K-State star, it seems that no NBA general manager doubts his talent. He’s one of the most-talented scorers in the draft. He was the top rebounder in the NCAA. He made 30-point games seem commonplace.

Yet, it now seems that the top two teams in tonight’s draft may both shy from Beasley due to “character issues.” If you hear about Beasley, odds are you’ll hear those two words. But, what exactly are his issues in character? Oddly enough, that point isn’t normally addressed.

He went to a few different high schools – (insert shocked gasp here) – and he got in a bit of trouble at one for signing things (hello ebay!). Sure, he has a joking personality and doesn’t take anything too seriously, but he’s also 19. Think about yourself as a 19-year-old? Did you ever answer a question with a smart-aleck remark?

Nevertheless, there’s talk that the Miami Heat may draft Ovinton J’Anthony (O.J.) Mayo instead of Beasley with the number two pick. I am a bit biased, and I don’t know much about the former USC guard, but his Wikipedia page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O.J._Mayo - (which can be edited by anyone and therefore may contain falsities (this message brought to you by the “Cover My Butt Foundation”)) contains some interesting information.

Character issues, you say?


The level of celebrity status one must reach in order to comment about things on I Love the New Millennium

The prostitute from Borat is commenting on 50 Cent’s “In Da Club.” You’re sure about this?

And what the heck is going on with airing I Love the New Millennium, when we’re not even through the first decade of it? Are we that low on ideas? (The fact that Tila Tequila has a show tells me yes.)

Keep an eye out for my next blog entry, “I Love My Last Blog Entry,” where I will recap the entry you are currently reading, and add in comical quips along the way. It's going to be hilarious!

No comments: