Thursday, October 08, 2009

Quick Thoughts - Five Hour Energy Edition

According to a televised ad, the big question surround Five Hour Energy is "What's in it?"

Thankfully, this ad keeps suspense to a minimum, following with the answer.

"Everything in Five Hour Energy is available in everyday foods - like apples, avocados, broccoli, or bananas - or already in you."

Pardon me, ad wizards, but I must ask a few questions of my own...

- Is there a reason that you refused to look beyond the letters A and B in your Encyclopedia Britannica when finding foods to mention in your ad?

- Who eats avocado every day? Is there some sort of Guacoholics Anonymous organization that I'm unaware of?

- Could you really not craft better wording than saying many Five Hour Energy ingredients are "already in you"? Unless Five Hour Energy is actually a drink created to help convert all daywalkers into vampiric beings, I'm not sure your wording paints the correct picture.

- Was there a study completed to determine that five hours of oddly-flavored energy is the preferred amount? And how accurate is that five-hour estimation? If I don't feel that I got a full five hours of energy after ingesting this concoction, can I complain and get those valuable minutes back?

No comments: