Saturday, October 18, 2008

Time for Links

Go ahead and re-read that title.

Pretty simple, eh? Yet, it took about all the creativity I could muster on this Saturday morn. As a result, I'm taking the route that so many of those who publish blogs on the web have before me, and I'm going to focus on nothing but links in this Writing. Is it cheap and lazy? Sure, but I have also used both aforementioned terms to describe myself in the past... It works.


Invisibility Cloak - This seems like a marvelous (please note: italicized text intended to be read with a sarcstic tone... Feel free to start the sentence over (this time with feeling!) if you prefer) idea. After all, a study in London has shown that one out of every three people suffers from paranoia. With the new concern of invisible people wandering around, this number is bound to rise. Now, whenever the wind blows paranoia will strike and people will stare into nothingness with wild eyes, wondering if some invisibility cloaked person has incredible lung capacity.

Rock on - Continuing the theme of legitimate scientific studies, we have this. Granted, I'm no "rocker." In fact, the closest I get to head-banging is shaking my head in effort to get water out of my ear after a shower. Nevertheless, only the most sophisticated tests were used in effort to achieve a firm conclusion in this vital study. Show me a scientific study that doesn't take juvenile delinquency or Beavis and Butt-head into account.

Space Java - ...and all the caffeine-addicted astronauts who just can't bring themselves to drink instant coffee rejoice. Does this mean we'll finally get the commercial feature Juan Valdez and his donkey in space that the world has been clamoring for?

Yikes - As someone who tends to have an uncanny ability to blink nearly every time a picture of him is attempted, I have little room to comment on bad photos... but I also don't have any photos of myself that look quite like this. It seems Senator McCain is taking some notes for the Air Jordan Handbook. While MJ stuck out his tongue on the court, McCain is taking following suit on the campaign trail. Can it be long before we have a "Be like John" theme song?

There's always hope? - We conclude with a trip down Memory Boulevard (Memory Lane is under construction as a result of too much traffic), back to the days when 500+ yard performances by K-State's opponents weren't seen as a nearly foregone conclusion, back when the Wildcats had a rushing attack, and back when they didn't wear ridiculous purple pants (I'm sorry, but those are horrible)... Ah, memories.

No comments: