Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nothing Really...

Quick thoughts while taking part in a fantasy basketball draft and watching the World Series...


- If I understand this correctly, Iron Man (as documented in the film
of the same name) flew across the world to the Middle East in his Iron
Man suit. That's sure to be a lengthy flight. Did he equip the suit
with GPS so that he wouldn't get lost? And, how exactly did he... uhh,
relieve himself during the flight? The film shows that the suit isn't
exactly easy to remove, so did he wear a diaper, crazy astronaut-style?

- The amount of tolerance one has for football play-by-play announcers is directly proportional the the success of one's favorite team. As a result of this theorem, I'm hitting the mute button any time a football game is on my TV.

- Why didn't watermelon carving ever catch on like pumpkin carving?

- Being single, one often hears the phrase, "Well, I'd set you up with (insert name here), but I wouldn't want to do that to you." Is it a bad sign for our society that so many friends of friends out there are apparently torturous to spend a few hours with in a social setting? Aren't friends supposed to be people one enjoys the company of? And how can one be sure that his/her friends are not saying the same thing about him/her? Maybe Jerry Seinfeld was not exaggerating when he said 95-percent of the population is undateable.

- FYI... If you would ever go on television to compete to be someone's BFF, you fall into the aforementioned category.

- Even if I understood Spanish, I still don't think I'd be able to figure out what is going on during 88-percent of the programming on Univision.

- We're just over a week away from the presidential election and it seems that the only place candidate Duck is being taken seriously is here at The Writings... I'm just glad I have educated readers.

1 comment:

little apple tally said...

Iron Man should be strong enough to hold it indefinently(sp). Either that or suffer terminal rust!

If the success of my team is not great, I find that muting the the announcers and tuning in the radio announcers of my teams radio network eases the pain a little..... not completely but a little.

Ever try carving a watermelon?

Yo hablo Espanol pero que es Univision?

Dateable persons would do well to NOT depend on friends for making connections, but rather to aggressively search out new territory. Like every thing in life, hard work pays. Hopefully! I mean, I'd set you up but my available friends are all from another generation or two. Darn!

So how are the Ducks doing this year?