Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Greetings From... Home

I am currently on vacation. Yet, I'm sitting in the same spot where I spend 80-percent of my free time. While an abundance of people travel to interesting locations while "vacationing," I'm planted firmly on my couch. You could say I am vacationing to get away form work, and that might hold some merit. I am not in my office, after all. However, I live less than a football field away from my office, and continually find myself checking my work e-mail.

... It's good to be away.

Seriously though, it is nice to have a week that I can spend however I please. Unfortunately for anyone hoping to read exciting tales of intriguing travels, this vacation will contain nothing of the sort. So, what is in store? How about observations like:

- I've seen Bob Barker host The Price is Right. I've seen Bob Barker act. I've seen Bob Barker fight with Happy Gilmore. Drew Carey is no Bob Barker.

- There's something about The Price is Right that extracts the heights of human stupidity from the contestants.

- I just saw the greatest team handball shot that I've ever seen. Granted, I've never really watched team handball before, but rest assured, the shot was amazing.

- It's odd to have to get your purchase of Robitussin approved by the overlord of the self-checkout stations. It seemed like she was waiting for me to sacrifice a small farm animal before she'd punch in the magic code.

- Watching episodes of The Office from your couch groove is an excellent way to spend vacation.

- It seems fairly obvious that I'm just one step above being a bum.

What else will vacation teach me? Stay tuned.

No comments: