Thursday, May 08, 2008

Rolling With the Punches

I must apologize to you, my loyal reader(s)... You know who you are.

I'm not apologizing for wasting your time, or for making you further ponder the unexplainable thoughts that invade my head. Those apologies are implied.

Apparently common practice in "web logs" is linking to things that you - as the author - played no part in creating. Yet, here I've been constantly paying homage to thoughts and ideas that would not be published (and probably would not exist at all) if it weren't for the control center of my central nervous system.

It is time to rectify this severe misgiving - and we'll do so with the help of wondrous online video library found at YouTube. What follows are videos that receive the 'DL Guarantee.' If you don't feel more like Derek Larson after viewing these videos, you get your pizza free (guarantee void in Oklahoma).



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6KX-2HX1o - No matter how many times you've seen it, it's a must-watch for any K-State fan. Not only is it an outstanding summation of the greatest night in K-State football history, but it features the musical styling of Mr. Right Said Fred... If that's not a mind-boggling combination, I'm not sure what is. And yet, it works.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUu-nLx0lw - While we're on the subject of K-State football, I have to give some props to one of the newest members of the Green Bay Packers.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q - The best in-game dunk ever... Please convince me otherwise.




... Sorry, I realize some of you don't appreciate sports (thanks, blog poll).



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydpl0bgL_Kw - A long lost Chris Farley classic. After watching it again, I'm thinking I might head to the mall with an orange in hand this weekend.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOiVaE-pKqM - Basically the greatest music video ever created. You can have your choreography and your "bling"... I'll take a lip-synching Chevy Chase, thank you.






ALERT!

Apparently the video library found at the aforementioned Tube of You has been pillaged like a-


ALERT! v2.0


Apparently my laptop has a drinking problem, because it tends to stop functioning entirely and black out at times. The most recent of these incidents (my laptop hates that term, and swears it has control over the situation... I'm kind of worried it might make a scene the next time I take it out in public) occurred as I was typing the last sentence about YouTube's library. The point of that very sentence was that several videos I had viewed on that very site at previous times have now been removed, apparently due to copyright issues.


Now, instead of watching videos featuring events like "The Pine Tar Incident" and Conan O'Brien's trip to Ireland, I have to enroll my computer in AA... and I better do it soon, because I think it just winked at my television. When questioned about it, my laptop challenged me to a fight... We may have a long road to travel.

No comments: