Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pick Me, Pick Me

Though it was unfortunate to see the Kansas State Wile E. Coyotes come up short again in their pursuit of the Kansas JayRoadrunners (I knew K-State should have worked an Acme anvil into their game plan), such disappointment evaporates quickly upon realization that today is Selection Sunday.

Today marks the first Selection Sunday that I can remember where the fact that the Wildcats will be announced as one of the teams in the 65-team field is inarguable. The Wildcats have earned the success they have encountered this season and today we find out how they'll be rewarded. I'd argue that they should be no lower than a No. 2 seed, but - as wacky as it might sound - I'm not sure than any members of the tournament selection committee read this blog. (I know, I was shocked upon this realization, as well.)

With so much basketball coming later this week that it could very well drip out your ears*, it's clear why mid-March is one of the greatest times of the year. It's also clear that I should be sure to work some tournament blogging in.

*If this does happen to you or a loved one, please seek medical assistance.


No comments: